AirAsia India has announced the start of their Cadet Pilot program in India for the very first time since starting their operations in June 2014.
Let’s dive right into the details of the program.
Table of Contents
To be eligible to apply for the Cadet Pilot Program, the candidate must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Must an Indian National or hold an Overseas Citizenship of India
- Education: 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. – An aggregate score of 60% and a minimum score of 60% in Math, Physics, and English individually
- Age: 18 to 28 Years on the last date of application
- Medical: Ability to hold a Class I & II unrestricted medical certifications
The selection to the Cadet Program will happen in four Phases. Below are the details:
- Phase 1: Phase 1 of the selection will be online. This will check the suitability of the candidate to proceed with the program. This phase is further divided into two categories:
- Work Preferences
- Phase 2: Phase 2 will check the proficiency of the candidate. For this phase the candidate can travel to either Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai or Kolkata. Again this phase is divided in two categories:
Quantitative Critical Thinking (QTS)
- Language & Verbal understanding
- Numerical proficiency
- Critical thinking
Psychological Screening (PAS)
- Phase 3: Phase 3 of the selection will test the Aptitude of the candidate and this phase will take place in Bangalore. The two categories for this phase are:
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Multi-Task Management
- Short Term Memory
- Phase 4: The final round of the selection is personal Interview. For this, the candidate needs to travel to Bangalore.
Training Path and Duration
The training is planned for 18 to 24 months depending on various factors like weather, performance of the cadet, etc. Over sequence of training and duration of the training is given as below:
|1||Ground School||India||4 Months|
|2||Flying Training- CPL + MEIR||New Zealand||12-14 Months|
|3||Licence Conversion||India||2 Months|
|4||A320 Type Rating + JetFam & MCC||Malaysia||4 Months|
Now let’s talk about one of the most important aspects of the AirAsia India Cadet Pilot Program. Let’s first talk about the fees required during the selection process. The below table will give you an idea of the amount required during the selection process.
Please keep in mind that travel and accommodation during the selection phase has to be borne by the candidate.
Now talking about the training fees, the below table provides you a breakdown of the amount required for the entire duration of the training.
You may need to plan for additional funds for day to day activities or in case more flying hours or re-attempt of exams are required to complete the training.
AirAsia has tied up with HDFC bank to assist candidates with loans.
HDFC will provide unsecured loans up to Rs. 20 Lakhs and anything above that would require a collateral. For a loan with collateral no interest needs to be served till the completion of the course.
The loan will have tax benefits under section 80(E) of the Income Tax Act 1961.
For more information on this loan, kindly visit the nearest HDFC bank.
The AirAsia Cadet Pilot Program is a great opportunity for candidates looking to join the airline industry as a pilot. This is a bit affordable than IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program.
For FAQs regarding the program, you can click here to read.
And CLICK HERE to apply for the program.